Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Respond to Reading

"Darkness- cold- churing water- roaring, like thousand lions- spinning around & around- blashing into rocks -arms wrapped around my face to protect it- tucking up my legsmyself smaller, less of a target. Wash aganist a clump of roots- grab hold- slippery- the wet roots feel like dead fingers clutching at me- a space between the water & the roof of the tunel- i draw quick gasps of breath- current takes hold again - try figthing it- roots break off in my hands- swept away. Tumbling over & over- hit my head on a rock- see stars- almost black out- struggle to keep my head up -spit water out of my mouth,but more gushes in - feels like I'm swallowing half the stream. The current drags me aganist the wall- sharp rocks cut deeply into my thighs & hips- freezing-cold water numbs the pain- stops the flow of blood -a sudden drop- plummet into a deep pool - down,doon,down -held under by force of the falling water- panicking- can't find my way up- drowning- if i don't break free soon,i'll......"

No comments:

Post a Comment